MaltaComics operates the malta-comics.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
The intention of this page is to inform website visitors regarding our policies in regard to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information when and if anyone decide to use our Services, the MaltaComics website.
- The type of data or information that You share with or provide to MaltaComics and that MaltaComics collects from You;
- The purpose for collection of such data or information from You;
- MaltaComics’s information security practices and policies; and
- Information collected and storage of such Information:The “Information” (which shall also include data) provided by You to MaltaComic or collected from You by MaltaComics may consist of “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information”.
- Your user name along with Your password,
- Your name,
- Your address,
- Your telephone number,
- Your e-mail address or other contact information,
- Your date of birth,
- Your gender,
- Information regarding your transactions on the Website, (including sales or purchase history),
- Your financial information such as bank account information or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details including OTP,
- Internet Protocol address,
- Identification code of your communication device which You use to access the Website or otherwise deal with any MaltaComics entity,
- Any other Information that You provide during Your registration process, if any, on the Website. Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of You:
- registering as a user on the Website,
- registering as a seller on the Website,
- availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to making an offer for sale, online purchase, participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with MaltaComics’s customer service by phone, email or otherwise or posting user reviews on the items available on the Website, or
- Non-Personal Information:MaltaComics may also collect information other than Personal Information from You through the Website when You visit and / or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information would not assist MaltaComics to identify You personally. This Non-Personal Information may include:
- Your geographic location,
- details of Your telecom service provider or internet service provider,
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.),
- the operating system of Your system, device and the Website You last visited before visiting the Website,
Visitors to this site should note that Cookies are defined as files which contain small amounts of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifiers. These cookies are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit while surfing the internet and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like other website Our website – malta-comics.com – uses these “cookies” in order to collect information and to improve our Service we offer. Please note that you have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. In the event that you choose to refuse our cookies, it is possible that you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
MaltaComics occasionally may employ third-party companies and/or entities and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The may be due to the reason that they may need the information in order to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, it should be noted that they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose whatsoever.
It should be noted that, MaltaComics values your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. One should take note that regardless of the method of transmission used over the internet, or the method of electronic storage used, is 100% secure and reliable, and therefore we cannot always guarantee its absolute security.
Whenever one chooses a payment gateway to complete any transaction on malta-comics.com then his or her credit card details may be stored in compliance with industry standards/ and with standard recommended data security processes for the security of financial information such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
MaltaComics may share your Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides for that such third parties not disclosing the Information further unless such disclosure is for the Purpose. However, MaltaComics is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. MaltaComics is not liable for any loss or injury caused to You as a result of You providing Your Personal Information to third parties (including any third party websites, even if these third party websites links are found or posted on malta-comics.com).
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, MaltaComics shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
Definition of a Force Majeure Event: this means that any occurrence or event that maybe or is beyond the reasonable control of MaltaComics and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, arson, flooding, acts of God, explosions, civil strife and commotion, strikes or any other form of industrial actions, rioting, insurrection, acts of war, acts of government, any illegal use of electronics including computer hacking, unauthorized access to computers, computer systems or computer networking, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of MaltaComics ), loss of power including such instances of power or electricity failure or lack of adequate power or electricity.
MaltaComics will seek to take all necessary, reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any and all Personal Information which MaltaComics may hold about the User and prevent any instanced of unauthorized access to such information, You also acknowledge that in reality the internet and/or computer networks are in themselves not 100% fully secure and that MaltaComics cannot provide any absolute assurance at all times regarding the security of Your Personal Information it may hold that You have provided.
From your end, You agree that all Personal Information provided by shall be retained at MaltaComics end till such time required for the Purpose or required under applicable law, whichever is later. Non-Personal Information will be retained indefinitely as per laws defining such use.
Links to Other Sites
Visitors and users to the website malta-comics.com may find a number of links leading to third-party advertisements, third-party websites or any other third party electronic communication service which may be provided on the Website and which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with, MaltaComics unless expressly stated and specified on the Website.
Furthermore, it should be noted that MaltaComics Services do not address anyone who is at the time under the age of 13. Also note that as policy MaltaComics does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the event that it results a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, MaltsComics shall immediately delete this from our servers. We recommend that in the event this happens and you are a parent or guardian of such minor and you have been made aware that your child has provided us with personal information, we urge you contact us so that we will take all necessary actions needed.