PORTLAND, Ore. 09/13/2019 — On the heels of Image Comics’s reveal this morning of Todd McFarlane and Greg Capullo covers, Image Comics is pleased to unveil a surprise cover artwork update to the previously revealed Clayton Crain SPAWN #301 cover. Seen above, this electric new artwork will be available to retailers under the same Diamond Code (JUL190088), instead of the previously seen Crain artwork, and the final order cutoff deadline is this Monday, September 16.
This record-breaking, history-making SPAWN #301 issue—by Todd McFarlane, President at Image Comics and creator of SPAWN—hits stores on Wednesday, October 2.
- SPAWN #301 CVR A MCFARLANE – JUL190084
- SPAWN #301 CVR B CAPULLO – JUL190085
- SPAWN #301 CVR C VIRGIN CAPULLO – JUL190086
- SPAWN #301 CVR D ALEXANDER – JUL190087
- SPAWN #301 CVR E CRAIN – JUL190088 UPDATED ARTWORK
- SPAWN #301 CVR F OPENA – JUL190089
- SPAWN #301 CVR G VIRGIN MATTINA – JUL190090
- SPAWN #301 CVR H PARODY MCFARLANE – JUL190091
- SPAWN #301 CVR I B&W MCFARLANE – JUL190092
- SPAWN #301 CVR J 25 COPY INCV VIRGIN MCFARLANE – JUL190093
- SPAWN #301 CVR K ROSS – JUL198671
- SPAWN #301 CVR L VIRGIN ROSS – JUL198672
- SPAWN #301 CVR M SIENKIEWICZ – JUL198673
- SPAWN #301 CVR N VIRGIN SIENKIEWICZ – JUL198674
- SPAWN #301 CVR O CAMPBELL – JUL198675
- SPAWN #301 CVR P VIRGIN CAMPBELL – JUL198676
- SPAWN #301 CVR Q BLANK SKETCH CVR – JUL198708
Momentum and frenzied buzz surrounding the classic antihero series continues to build leading into the record-breaking SPAWN #301 when SPAWN becomes the longest running creator-owned comic in the world.
SPAWN is currently being adapted for film—a gritty, R-rated reimagining—which will mark Image President, co-founder and SPAWN creator, Todd McFarlane’s film directorial debut. McFarlane, an Emmy/Grammy-winning producer/director is also on board as screenwriter and producer.
SPAWN sold an unprecedented 1.7 million copies at the time it was released and is one of the world’s best-selling and longest-running monthly comic books, with hundreds of millions sold worldwide in more than 120 countries, and 15 different languages.
The comic became an Emmy Award-winning animated series on HBO and a New Line Cinema feature film that grossed more than $100 million. McFarlane went on to direct and produce award-winning and critically acclaimed projects for top movie studios and record labels.
BELOW: COVER E (CRAIN) UPDATED, COVER A (MCFARLANE), COVER I (B&W MCFARLANE), COVER J (25 COPY INCV VIRGIN MCFARLANE), COVER B (CAPULLO), COVER C (VIRGIN CAPULLO)